Beat the summer heat with refreshing, melt in your mouth coconut lemon cookies inspired by our limited edition Coconut Lemon soap blend. Enjoy these zesty treats poolside or at a picnic in the park to satisfy your summer sweet tooth.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1 cup toasted coconut, for sprinkling on cookies
- Beat butter, oil, and sugars in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a large bowl and whisk together.
- Gradually add in flour mixture, beating until combined. Be careful to not overmix.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper, and drop tablespoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 8-11 minutes, or until cookies are just set. Edges and bottoms should be golden brown.
- Move to wire racks to cool.
- In a standing mixer, mix together butter and sugar. Mix on low speed until well blended, then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes. Add lemon zest and coconut milk, then beat on medium speed for 1 minutes or until frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Frost cooled cookies and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Pair these delicious coconut lemon cookies with an ice cold glass of watermelon lemonade for a fruity and refreshing combo. Cool off even more by rinsing off with a bar of our new Coconut Lemon Soap, handcrafted with lively lemon essential oil and organic coconut milk, for the perfect end to a sunny summer day.